Volunteer Opportunity: Website Editor
The Writers’ Collective is seeking an energetic, web-savvy individual to assist us with managing and updating our website.
- Plan, write and post updates to The Writers’ Collective website at least once a week, working with the Program Coordinator and e-news editor. Updates will include Writers’ Collective and member events, new contests, and markets (information to be shared with bi-weekly e-newsletter)
- Make occasional posts about Writers’ Collective activities (at direction of Program Coordinator)
- Post updates to Twitter and Facebook
- Review comments; approve or delete as appropriate
The estimated time commitment is 1-3 hours per week.
- Experience posting to a blog and/or using a content management system; familiarity with WordPress is an asset
- Excellent written communication skills, including grammar and spelling (the ability to proof and edit your own work is a must)
- Must own an up-to-date computer and have reliable internet access; you will be working from your own space
We will provide an orientation session to the website content management system, and ongoing support as needed; however, our expectation is that you will be able to work independently, aside from consulting with the Program Coordinator regarding content.
If you are interested in the position, please send an email to [email protected] with the subject line “Website Editor” and a brief outline of your qualifications and experience (no more than one page).Hilary Friesen