Seeking Board Members
We are looking for energetic individuals who believe in the power of the written word to be part of The Writers’ Collective Board.
We are a working Board. Board members, all volunteers play an active role in the development and operations of The Writers’ Collective. We collaborate with and support the Program Coordinator. We take on individual and group projects that help The Writers’ Collective continue its work – everything from brainstorming new programs to assisting at events.
What you need
- Be a member of The Writers’ Collective - for a day or a decade
- Have four to eight hours a month to volunteer as a Board member
- Be willing to share or learn skills such as: communications/marketing; online promotion (blogging, website updates, Facebook, Twitter); applying for and managing grants; fundraising; financial/business management; networking and community-building; event planning and management
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Comfort communicating in-person, over email and online (video chat)
If you are interested in joining The Writers’ Collective Board, please submit a brief outline of the following information to [email protected] by March 21, 2014:
- How long you have been a member of The Writers’ Collective
- What skills/experience/qualities you bring to the Board that you think would benefit the Collective, and/or what skills/experience you want to gain as a Board member
- Your experience in the Winnipeg writing community, other writing communities, and/or any other Board experience you may have
We will contact candidates for an interview prior to selecting nominees to be elected at our Annual General Meeting on April 12. We would like to add two new Board members to our team this year.Hilary Friesen
[…] or inviting them to an open mic where you’ll be speaking, or sharing your experience as a Board member with this great organization – The Writers’ Collective. You’re met with a blank […]