It’s a Wild Ride – Winnipeg Free Press/The Writers’ Collective 2012 Non-Fiction and Poetry Contests
The Winnipeg Free Press/The Writers’ Collective nonfiction and poetry contests for 2012 are here!
Download the entry form.
- Choose your theme. This year’s themes are “A wild ride” and “The best New Year’s resolution I never kept.” You are free to interpret the theme as you see fit and need not mention the exact words of the theme in your submission. However, the theme should be obvious to the reader.
- Your story must be original, unpublished work. Non-fiction entries must be between 1,000 and 1,500 words. Poetry entries may be up to 3 pages, no longer than 100 lines.
- You may submit multiple entries. Each entry must be accompanied by an entry form and fee, and must be postmarked by midnight on Tuesday, November 27. Only one prize awarded per person.
- Entry fees are $5 for Writers’ Collective members, $15 for non-members. Fees are payable to The Writers’ Collective.
- A written evaluation of your entry is available for an additional fee of $25; payable to The Writers’ Collective. Please allow 10-12
- Submit four (4) copies of each story, typed, one-sided, double-spaced, individually staples, on 8.5 x 11 paper. Manuscripts will not be returned.
- Your name should not appear on the manuscript.
- Include an email address on the entry form to receive a list of winners.
- All entrants not complying with these rules will be disqualified.
- Please retain an electronic copy of your submission (in .doc, .rtf, or .txt format) in case you are selected to appear in Collective Consciousness.
- Winners will be notified by phone in December. Winnipeg entries will be celebrated at an awards evening, date TBA.
- Winners will be published in the Winnipeg Free Press and Collective Consciousness.
- Prizes are as follows: Nonfiction contest – $500 for 1st place, $300 for 2nd place, $100 for 3rd place. Poetry contest – $150 for 1st place, $100 for second place, $50 for third place.
I haven’t received your ‘ ” newsletter for the last 15 months or more . Lately from the resuming E-letter just came in two weeks ago of hiring a new residence- writer and from which that I discovered your folks could move to the other location . As today was the 27th of November of 2012 that i wished your folks will have nice Christmas Season and some of families could be planning for their X’mas vacation that i wish your folks have a wonderful Holiday travelling ! Imagined that gorgeous scenery and unbelievable attraction of legendary architectural projection on churches where multiculturalism folks been attended. Professional soloists and great musicians will perform at those Cathedral -churches. While being resided at the tiny villages with snow flake of holiday magic which hit sparkling trails for the snowmobile teaming family. Guide the children to tour locally -owned shops with handmade of Christmas crafts , bake selection with home made pies and breads etc. Before bed time adults should remind children to get into Spiritual pajama to greet Santa to have their dream ride with Big Guy within that shuttle train-ride through that mid 0air drive ! Don’t forget to bring along a professional photograph to take portraits with that magical ride in a traditional Christmas memoir !
Season Greetings and Best Wishes for Happiness on the Upcoming year of 2013 ! Your place been full of eloquent journalists who had their wisdom written power to speak fluently and vividly on expressing their talent’s which regarding the terrific theme , article etc. May God Bless !
Sincerely , Wendy Fung
Address : 262 Augusta Drive Winnipeg Manitoba R3T 4G5 Canada
Phone : 1-204-269-4893
Very great post. I just stumbled upon your blog and
wanted to mention that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts.
After all I’ll be subscribing on your rss feed and I am hoping you write once more soon!
I would like an entry form on your next poetry contest and fiction story.
Hi Victor, The best way to make sure you get the word about our next contest is to sign up for our e-newsletter. Just send an email to and ask to be added to our e-news list!