Prairie Fire Press & McNally Robinson Booksellers present: The 2011 Writing Contests!
Prairie Fire Press & McNally Robinson Booksellers
2011 Writing Contests
3 contests, $6,000 in cash prizes!
Bliss Carman Poetry Award
The poetry first prize is in part donated by the Banff Centre for the Arts, who will also award a jeweller-cast replica of poet Bliss Carman’s silver and turquoise ring to the first-prize winner. (1-3 poems per entry, maximum 150 lines per entry)
Judge: Sylvia Legris
(one story per entry, maximum 10,000 words)
Judge: Marilyn Bowering
(one article per entry, maximum 5,000 words)
Judge: Lawrence Scanlan
1st prize $1,250, 2nd prize $500, 3rd prize $250 in all categories
• Entry fee is $32 (per category). This entitles you or your designate to a one-year (4 issues) subscription to Prairie Fire. Make cheque or money order payable to Prairie Fire and enclose with your entry. You may also use all major credit cards.
• Deadline for all contest entries: Postmarked November 30, 2011.
• Do not identify yourself on your entry. Please enclose a cover letter with your name, address, telephone number and/or e-mail address, the title(s) of your piece(s), and word count (prose), or line count (poetry) along with your entry fee.
• No faxed or e-mailed submissions, please.
• Your entry must be typed on 8 1/2 x 11-inch white paper and the pages clipped, not stapled. Prose must be double-spaced.
• Entries will not be returned. If you want to be informed of results, include a stamped, self-addressed envelope, or check our website at http://www.prairiefire.ca.
• Each piece must be original, unpublished, not submitted elsewhere for publication or broadcast, nor entered simultaneously in any other contest or competition.
• You may enter as often as you like; only your first entry in each category will be eligible for a subscription.
• Winning pieces will be published in Prairie Fire magazine, with authors paid for publication.
Send entries to: Prairie Fire Press, 423-100 Arthur Street, Winnipeg, MB R3B 1H3.
For more information check out our website at http://www.prairiefire.ca, call (204) 943-9066, or e-mail us at .
The Website Elves