Attention Writers: Some deadlines are fast approaching!
Deadline: November 1st
PostFiction Submission Guidelines
PostFiction is looking for writers and/or photographers to submit “postcard fiction” — short stories or poems that fit on the back of a 4 X 6 postcard or photograph.
The text you submit can be as short as you like, but should not exceed what would reasonably fit on the back of a photograph or postcard.
The content of the writing and the photograph should relate in some way. We’re looking for writing in any style or genre.
Deadline for submissions is Monday, November 1, 2010.
Contributors will have their work published on our website – www.postfiction.net — in late November, 2010. They will also be displayed at our launch, which will take the form of an exhibition.
Authors retain all right to their works and will not be paid for their submissions.
Contributors should also include a 30-40 word autobiography with their submission.
There are two ways to submit your PostFiction:
758 Beverley St.
Winnipeg, MB R3E 2A6
If you are sending your submission by email, please include the text in the body of your email and attach a high resolution scanned copy of your image in .jpg or .tiff format. If you are sending by mail, physical copies of your postcard or photograph will not be returned.
Deadline: November 8th
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS – 18th Annual Short Prose Competition for Developing Writers, $2,500 PRIZE
The Writers’ Union of Canada is pleased to announce that submissions are being accepted until November 10, 2010 for the 18TH ANNUAL SHORT PROSE COMPETITION FOR DEVELOPING WRITERS. The winning entry will be the best Canadian work of 2,500 words in the English language, fiction or nonfiction, written by an unpublished author.
$2,500 for the winning entry and the entries of the winner and finalists will be submitted to three Canadian magazines.
Writers Tarek Fatah, K.V. Johansen, and Sharon Pollock will serve as the jury.
This competition is open to all Canadian citizens and landed immigrants who have not had a book published by a commercial or university press in any genre and who do not currently have a contract with a book publisher. Original and unpublished (English language) fiction or nonfiction.
HOW TO SUBMIT ENTRIES:
* Entries should be typed, double-spaced, in a clear twelve point font, and the pages numbered on 8.5 x 11 paper, not stapled.
* Submissions will be accepted by hardcopy only.
* Include a separate cover letter with title of story, full name, address, phone number, e-mail address, word count, and number of pages of entry.
* Please type the name of entrant and the title of entry on each numbered page. This is not a blind competition.
* Make cheque or money order payable to The Writers’ Union of Canada. Multiple entries can be submitted together and fees can be added and paid with one cheque or money order, $25 per submission.
* Entries must be postmarked by November 10, 2010 to be eligible. Results will be announced in February 2011.
* Mail entries to: WFC Competition, The Writers’ Union of Canada, 90 Richmond Street East, Suite 200, Toronto, ON M5C 1P1.
Results will be posted at www.writersunion.ca. Manuscripts will not be returned.
***The Website Elves