2010 ARTS FOR ALL Program!
IT’S ABOUT THE STORIES . . . IT’S ALWAYS ABOUT THE STORIES!
An Initiative by Michael Van Rooy (Writers’ Collective Member), the Literary Arts Ambassador for the Winnipeg Cultural Capital of Canada Project 2010 ARTS FOR ALL Program!
Winnipeg has produced some of the best writers in the world and here’s the proof!
To celebrate Winnipeg’s well-earned designation as Cultural Capital of Canada for 2010 we have chosen books by Winnipeggers to offer to other Winnipeggers. These are interesting, smart, funny, touching, scary . . . just plain good books! Fiction, non-fiction, it’s all here. And there’s something for both the dedicated and casual reader!
There are several copies of each of these books and we are giving them away to anyone on a first come, first served, basis. There are only three things we ask in return:
First: Read the book! If you decide it’s not for you then hand it back or hand it forward to someone who might like it!
Second: Tell us what you think of the book! Write us a letter, send us an email or go onto Facebook and write what you think! Tell us you love the book or you hate it, whatever. We want to know!
Third: When you’re done with the book, pass it along to someone, anyone, with the same instructions. Share the wealth, share the stories. Opinions and reviews will all be posted anonymously on the Facebook page for everyone to read!
· Crown Fire by David Annandale
· The Dragon and the Dry Goods Princess by David Arnason
· The Imagined City: A Literary History of Winnipeg edited by David Arnason and Mhari Mackintosh
· Exploits of a Reluctant (But Extremely Goodlooking) Hero by Maureen Fergus
· Juliana and the Medicine Fish by Jake MacDonald
· Cherry by Chandra Mayor
· Yuletide Bandit by Mike McIntyre
· A Dry Spell by Susie Moloney
· In Search of April Raintree by Beatrice (Culleton) Mosionier
· Bonheur d’occasion by Gabrielle Roy
· Be Wolf by Wayne Tefs
· An Ordinary Decent Criminal by Michael Van Rooy
How to Comment on the Books or Ask for Another!
You can reach Michael by email at .
You can reach Michael by regular mail at About the Stories at 103-110 Princess Street, Winnipeg, MB, R3B 1K7.
You can go onto Facebook at the Cultural Capital Literary Arts 2010 Program page, click here.The Website Elves